New York High School Football - St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute nips St. FrancisOctober 22, 2016: Buffalo, NY 14223
In Saturday's league match, the host St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute Marauders football squad scored a close 18-14 victory over the St. Francis Red Raiders.
The Marauders now possess a 3-5 record. They put it on the line next when they host McDowell for a non-league battle on Saturday, October 29. St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute will face a Trojans squad coming off a 34-28 league win over General McLane (Edinboro, PA). The Trojans record now stands at 8-1.
Coming up next, the Red Raiders face the Bishop Timon-St. Jude Tigers (Buffalo, NY) in a Monsignor Martin battle, on Saturday, October 29. St. Francis will attempt to advance on its 2-5 season record. The Tigers enter the battle with a 4-4 record after their 7-0 league win over Canisius (Buffalo, NY).
St Francis - J Hickson 1 yd run - R T Daley Pat Kick
St Joes - Casey Kelly 46 yd run - PAT kick blocked
Halftime Numbers: Evenly matched as the score
- St Joes 186 TOTAL yds on 108 rushing/13 carr and 81 passing on 7/17, minus 3 yds on 2 sacks.
13:45 TOP and No Turnovers
- St Francis 192 TOTAL yds on 116 rushing/14 carr and 86 passing on 8/15, miuns 10 yds on 1 sack
10:15 TOP and 1 turnover ( int )
St Francis - D. McDuffie 48 yd run on 4th and 1- Daley PAT kick
St Joes - Kelly 1 yd run - 2 pt run failed
St Joes - Jaden Lofton 3 yd run after SJCI recover onsides kick following Kelly's TD - 2 pt pass failed
Game Notes: St Joes would dominate 2nd half with 18:30 TOP , create 3 turnovers and hold St Fr QB Hickson to only 5 yds passing
- St Joes - 339 TOTAL yds on 195 rushing/33 carr and 162 passing (13/28) minus 18 yds on 3 sacks and NO TURNOVERS on 32:15 TOP
- St Francis 261 TOTAL yds on 190 rushing/24 carr and 91 passing (10/22) minus 20 yds on 3 sacks and 4 turnovers ( 2 FF / 2 INT ) on 15:45 TOP
QB Hickson came into game averaging 248 yds passing / game.
- St Joes finish league play 2-2
- St Francis (1-2 league play) plays at home nxt Saturday vs Timon**.
**The outcome of THAT game will determine MMAA Playoff seedings.
****Many scenarios depending on either outcome!!!