Indiana High School Soccer - Evansville Harrison overwhelmed by JasperOctober 3, 2018: Jasper, IN 47546
The Jasper Wildcats smashed the visiting Evansville Harrison Warriors soccer squad by a margin of 4-0 in Wednesday's non-league match.
The Wildcats now sport a 12-4 record. They play next when they travel to Castle for a non-league match on Saturday, October 6. Jasper will encounter a Knights squad coming off a 3-2 non-league win over Evansville Reitz (Evansville, IN). The Knights record now stands at 12-4.
With the loss, Evansville Harrison drops to 4-11 on the season.
- Jasper won regular season match 4-0
- Cats got on board early when Brian Elizarraras made a beautiful pass to Tyler Hunt in the 13th minute.
- Harrison player received a red card in the 20th minute, causing his team to play with 10 players the remainder of the game.
- Jasper got more chances after the ejection, but was unable to find the net again before half.
- Cats made it 2-0 when Jacob Mehringer hit a great shot in the 50th minute.
- Jasper scored again when Tyler Hunt played a through ball to Jackson Kabrick in the 61st minute.
- Cats finished the scoring when Mehringer scored his second of the night in the 74th minute.
- Great defensive showing by the Cats with Quinten Harmon playing the first 65 minutes and Pierce Abbett finishing off the final 15.
- Jasper advances to Saturday's sectional final vs. Castle (who beat Reitz 3-2).
- This is a rematch of the 2017 sectional final.