Indiana High School Soccer - Jasper knocks off Evansville HarrisonAugust 23, 2018: Evansville, IN 47715
The Jasper Wildcats (Jasper, IN) soccer bounced the host Evansville Harrison Warriors (Evansville, IN), 4-0 in Thursday's non-league bout.
With the victory, Jasper moves its record to 3-1 on the year. The Wildcats host Mt. Vernon (Mt. Vernon, IN) to confront the Wildcats in a Big Eight bout on Saturday, August 25. The Wildcats enter the bout with a record of 0-2. Mt. Vernon lost 2-1 in their recent non-league bout against Pike Central (Petersburg, IN)
In their next game, the Warriors confront the Boonville Pioneers (Boonville, IN) in a non-league bout, on Saturday, August 25. Evansville Harrison will attempt to move on its 1-2 season record.
- Jasper scored in the 7th minute when Elizarraras stole a clear and hit a 35 yard shot with the keeper out of the box.
- Jasper pulled ahead 2-0 in the 33rd minute when Nathan Mehringer won a head ball on a goal kick and found Elizarraras alone up top.
- Harrison had 2-3 really good looks in the first half, but Abbott and the defense were able to hold the lead at the half.
- Jasper took the 3-0 lead in the 56th minute on a great possession. Knies with a long cross which Kabrick chased down and drove a low cross to the far post which Rawlins was able to finish.
- Jasper found the net for the final time in the 69th minute. Kabrick on a nice move, then a through ball to Elizarraras for his third goal of the game.
- Jasper's third straight shutout, after falling 2-0 to Memorial in the season opener.
- Abbott & Harmon split the night in goal.
- Cats now 3-1-0 on the season.