Video: HS Athlete of the Year - Thayer Hall
See the Dorman standout in action from last season.
Every team in this week's MaxPreps Xcellent Top 25 National High School Volleyball Rankings presented by the Army National Guard is there for a reason. However, some teams have put together off-the-chart winning streaks.
The top two streaks in this week's Top 25 belong to Lewis-Palmer (Monument, Colo.) and RHAM (Hebron, Conn.).
Lewis-Palmer has won 44 matches in a row and last lost in the 2015 Colorado championship match. RHAM, which hasn't lost a set in 45 sets this season, last lost more than a year ago. RHAM has lost just two sets during its 40-match win streak.
Several other Top 25 teams have put together impressive win streaks:
• Providence (Clarksville, Ind.) has won 31 straight.
• Billings Senior (Mont.), has won all 30 of its matches this season.
• Notre Dame Academy (Pontiac, Mich.) is 41-2-2 has won its last 30 matches.
• Lafayette (Wildwood, Mo.) stretched its streak to 25 after winning the prestigious Ozark Invitational over the weekend.
• Rouse (Leander, Texas) reached the 40-win mark with its 24th-straight victory.
• Bishop Shanahan (Downington, Pa.) has won 23 in a row since tying a match and stands at 25-0-1 with two weeks remaining in the regular season.
- The Woodlands (Texas) has won 22 straight.
- Minooka (Ill.) won the Mizuno Cup Invitational to run its win streak to 21. Minooka has lost three sets all season.
And remaining No. 1 for the second straight week is Reagan (San Antonio) with 17 straight victories.
After three weeks of major shifting the Top 25, only two teams fell from the rankings this week, opening the door for unbeaten Southridge (Beaverton, Ore.) and a return for preseason No. 1 Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, Calif.).
Led by Miami-bound senior Chloe Brown
, Southridge has defeated Oregon power Jesuit twice this season and looks to be the top team in the northwest. Only two teams have won a set against Southridge this season.
Key match ups this week take place on Tuesday with Oviedo (Fla.) taking on 18-3 Venice (Fla.) in a showdown of Florida powers and Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) facing 22-6 Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.). Oviedo and Mater Dei are ranked in the Top 25.
MaxPreps Xcellent 25 National Volleyball Rankings presented by the Army National Guard
1. (Last week 1) Reagan (San Antonio), 36-12. (2) Minooka (Ill.), 22-13. (3) The Woodlands (Texas), 29-14. (4) Walton (Marietta, Ga.), 35-15. (5) Marist (Chicago), 25-16. (6) Dorman (Roebuck, S.C.), 36-17. (7) Assumption (Louisville, Ky.), 30-38. (8) Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), 26-39. (11) Lewis-Palmer (Monument, Colo.), 15-010. (12) Providence (Clarksville, Ind.), 32-111. (15) Marian (Omaha, Neb.), 23-112. (20) West Orange (Winter Garden, Fla.), 19-013. (13) Lafayette (Wildwood, Mo.), 30-214. (17) Ursuline Academy (Cincinnati), 20-115. (16) Bishop Shanahan (Downingtown, Pa.), 25-0-116. (9) Yorktown (Ind.), 31-217. (24) Rouse (Leander, Texas), 40-318. (22) RHAM (Hebron, Conn.), 17-019. (21) Billings Senior (Billings, Mont.), 30-020. (NR) Southridge (Beaverton, Ore.), 17-021. (18) Xavier College Prep (Phoenix), 30-322. (NR) Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, Calif.), 18-423. (23) Notre Dame Prep (Pontiac, Mich.), 41-2-224. (10) Corona del Sol (Tempe, Ariz.),33-225. (25) Oviedo (Fla.), 16-2Dropped out:
Monte Vista (Danville, Calif.), Avon (Ind.).