On the eve of National Signing Day, MaxPreps national football editor Stephen Spiewak takes a stand with 25 predictions for the big day.
1. Aundrey Walker
will keep the Glenville (Cleveland)
-to-Ohio State pipeline strong. He'll also show up at Columbus in the fall and immediately become one of the team's strongest players.
2. Everett Golson
will break all kinds of passing records in Brian Kelly's pass-happy offense in South Bend. He'll also prove that, despite his athleticism, he can thrive as a throw-first quarterback.
3. Auburn fans will create lofty expectations for Kiehl Frazier
. He won't meet them initially, but he'll still have a fine career for the Tigers.
4. Jaxon Shipley
will be Texas' most productive recruit in the class.
5. Sammy Watkins
will be Clemson's best receiver in two years. He'll be clearly superior to fellow commit Charone Peake
6. As good as Florida State's 2011 class looks, its 2012 class will be even more impressive.
7. At least three New Jersey recruits will go on to become first-round draft picks.
8. Curt Maggitt
will sign with Florida, and he'll find playing time sooner than most people expect.
9. Nickolas Brassell
will commit to Ole Miss, joining Tobias Singleton
and giving the Rebels two of the country's best receivers, both of whom were home-grown.
10. Rodney Coe
and Anthony Pierson
will combine to rush for more than 1,000 yards next season for Iowa and Kansas, respectively.
11. Jadeveon Clowney
will start at South Carolina the minute he steps on campus. He'll only play three years for the Gamecocks before becoming a Top-5 NFL Draft pick.
12. No. 2 overall recruit James Wilder
will stick to running back for the Seminoles, and he'll be an impact player.
13. This class will be the one that brings Georgia back toward the top of the SEC, as long as the Bulldogs' offensive line holds up.
14. Nate Fakahafua
will emerge as the best player from Utah, surpassing the likes of Harvy Langi and Isaac Asiata.
15. Bubba Starling
, committed to Nebraska to play football and baseball, will never set foot on campus. He'll be a Top 20 pick in the MLB Draft.
16. With Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix
and Jabriel Washington
joining the ranks, Alabama will have the best secondary in the SEC in 2012.
17. Following his historic prep career, Justin Worley
will prove his doubters wrong at Tennessee, and challenge Tyler Bray for early playing time.
18. Jim Tressel will resist the temptation to rush quarterback Braxton Miller
, and it will pay major dividends for the Buckeyes down the road.
19. No true freshman cornerback will play in a BCS Bowl next season.
20. Oregon's recruiting class will go down as one of its best ever, and Chip Kelly will turn players like Jerrard Randall
and Tacoi Sumler
into household names.
21. Max Wittek
will surpass Cody Kessler
in the race to replace Matt Barkley at USC.
22. Cyrus Kouandjio
will join his brother Arie on the Alabama offensive line, which will be a strength of next year's Crimson Tide.
23. When the dust settles, Florida State will finish with the No. 1 class.
24. Tyler Johnstone
will have a better collegiate career than current Hamilton teammate Christian Westerman
25. Washington will sign an outstanding in-state haul in 2011, and repeat the trick again in 2012.