Mora Kanim, a certified Human Behavior Consultant, less this session at the 2009 AVCA Convention: "How to Use Knowledge of Personality Styles to Improve Your Training and Recruiting." Some of the key points are learning the dynamics between the first team and the supporting cast as well as utilizing the different leadership styles present on the coaching staff and on the team. See the bullet points below and check out the audio HERE
for a great educational session.
I. What are our team and staff dynamics right now?
- Human Behavior – Major differences in communication, leadership
- and motivational styles.
- Who am I? Who are we as a staff?
- Who are the players? Starters? Non-Starters?
- Different Leadership Styles – "Where you lead, I will follow…or not."
- Training and coaching my current team…some questions to ask
II. Where do we want to go? Recruiting, of course!
- What is the team dynamic?
- What is the staff dynamic?
- What do we really need?
- The first team vs. the supporting cast.
- How to solve the puzzle of A, B, C and D.
III. Some Other Things to Consider
You can get the handout of this session HERE. Educational articles are provided by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA). For more information like this, check out www.AVCA.org.