With National Signing Day almost here, MaxPreps national football editor Stephen Spiewak makes some bold (and some not-so-bold) guarantees for this year's recruiting class:
will play in the SEC.
2. Miami will add at least one more elite recruit to an already-solid recruiting class.
3. No California recruit from the 2012 class will have the type of impact in college as 2013 phenom Su'a Cravens
4. Family will win out and Andrus Peat
will join brother Todd at Nebraska.
5. Florida State will sign the fastest recruiting class in the country.
6. Alabama will finish second in that category.
7. However, the Crimson Tide will finish with the No. 1 class, and won't be any lower than No. 3 next year.
8. Neither will Ohio State.
9. USC will finish with a Top 10 class, and the NCAA-imposed sanctions will soon be a distant memory for
10. Notre Dame won't land any new recruits; Brian Poole
still stick with Florida despite persistent rumors he'll land in South Bend.
11. At least one other recruit will follow Shaq Thompson's
lead by breaking major news via Twitter.
12. Urban Meyer will lure at least one more Top 100 recruit to Columbus.
13. Freddie Tagaloa
will help ease the loss of other top recruits for Cal. He'll prove to be one of the top linemen in this class.
14. In three years, Yuri Wright
will be more well known for being a top NFL Draft prospect than for his Twitter antics.
15. Zach Kline
will have the best career of any recruit outside of the Top 100.
16. Ifeadi Odenigbo
and Mario Ojemudia
will be the two most commonly mispronounced recruit names on
17. Shaq Roland
will be only the latest South Carolina freshman phenom.
18. Dorial Green-Beckham will be pushing 15,000 Twitter followers by dinnertime.
19. Anthony Alford
will never see the field for Southern Miss. He'll see the baseball field for some lucky MLB program some time in July.
20. John Theus
will be only the second of three Theus brothers to play for Georgia.MaxPreps 2012 National Signing Day coverage