Video: Early Contenders presented by Shock Doctor
We set the tone for 2018 by looking at high school football's elite.
: Terry Gambill
Last season: 16-0, No. 3 national ranking, 6A Division-1 UIL Texas state champs.
Last decade: 139-9
Famous alumni/players: Jonathan Williams, Buffalo Bills RB; Kyler Murray, two-time MaxPreps National Player of
the Year; Uzoma Nwachukwu Dallas Cowboys WR; Shawn Tolleson, Tampa Bay
WR Theo Wease (6-3, 200, Sr.) Star power (According to 247Sports):
5-star recruits — 1; 4-star recruits — 1; 3-star recruits — 5
— The Oklahoma commit is the No. 5 rated wide receiver from the Class of 2019.
QB Grant Tisdale (6-1, 205, Sr.)
— The Ole Miss commit threw for over 2,000 yards and rushed for 1,000-plus yards in 2017.
OT EJ Ndoma-Ogar (6-3.5, 320, Sr.)
— An Oklahoma commit who is the No. 8 offensive guard in the Class of 2019.DT Jayden Jernigan (6-1, 280, Sr.)
— The Oklahoma State commit is one of the top defensive tackles in the Lone Star State.RB Andrew Henry (5-10, 180, Sr.)
— Will be the featured back in 2018 after transferring from The Episcopal School of Dallas.
KEY GAMESAug. 24
— at Hebron (Carrollton) *season openerSept. 7
— vs. East (Salt Lake City)Sept. 14
—vs. CoppellOct. 19
— Dallas Jesuit
• Allen is looking to repeat as state champs in 2018 and return the majority of starters from last year's team.
* The Eagles have not lost more than two games in any season since 2006 and won their fifth state title since 2008 last season.
• Allen has gone 30-1 since Gambill took over as head coach before the 2016 season.
• Tisdale and Wease are one of the best quarterback/wide receiver duos in the country. The Eagles lost Brock Sturges
from last year's state championship team but replace him a very talented Henry, who checks in as a 3-star with multiple division one offers.
• The Eagles will be one of the most physical teams in the trenches led by Ndoma-Ogar on the offensive line and Jernigan on the defensive side.