The WBCA has announced its High School Players of the Week presented by MaxPreps and Wilson Sporting Goods for the week ending on January 5, 2019.
Now in its fifth year, the WBCA High School Player of the Week presented by Wilson is awarded to a deserving student-athlete who demonstrated outstanding play throughout the week in her respective region of the country. Head coaches submit nominations each week and the WBCA selects the individual based on stats that were submitted.
Here are this week's honorees:Region 1Natasha Rivera
- Ansonia (CT)Region 2Sayge Wilhide
- Greencastle-Antrim (Greencastle, PA)Region 3Kiki Rice
- Sidwell Friends (Washington, DC)Region 4Aneesah Morrow
- Simeon (Chicago, IL)Region 5Nicole Avila-ambrosi
- Millard North (Omaha, NE)Region 6Jersey Wolfenbarger
- Northside (Fort Smith, AR)Region 7Matehya Aberle
- Holbrook (AZ)Region 8Mackenzie Curtis
- El Capitan (Lakeside, CA)Region 9