ROBINSON ON THE GRIDIRON
Robinson describes himself as "a player who can be put in multiple spots on the field. I like being a person who makes the plays - always active not as much in my strength and speed but my mental part being just as strong as the physical part."
Some of his football accolades include:
* He was coveted after eighth grade by Chicago powerhouse Mount Carmel, but didn't want to leave his friends.
* He was a varsity football player from his first day as a Lake Central freshman.
* During his sophomore year he caught a squib kickoff and outraced the opposition for a 50-yard touchdown. It's still part of his highlight tape.
* As a junior, he amassed 95 tackles - 47 for losses - 13 sacks and 49 hurries.
* He will play more offense as a senior, probably at fullback.